I'm trying to squeeze out every minute with the flowers. There will be a frost soon, and I don't want to lose any of them.
I'll plant more Cosmos next year.
This is not my favorite garden job. I sneeze, choke up, and pay the price of having allergies for a bit. But Kory and Jeremy can use it to dress their duck blind.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the dahlias have done. Next year, more flowers in a wider variety of colors.
I love a good crop of zinnias!
Dinner plate size
Finally, a few blooms on my 'Emmy vine'.
My side of the fence with the cardinal vine.
Bill and Jan's side of the fence.
Stray flowers
Purple heart
Emmy saves me all of her fancy bottles.
I should have babied these more. Already thinking of growing cardinal vine here next year. But I still like the upside-down tomato cage for a trellis.
One of Cassie's favorite flowers, gomphrena.
Sam's sunflower
Mia's sunflower
They call this one stock.
cardinal vine
The clematis that wouldn't give up.
The tomato man gave me some canna bulbs. I never was a fan until I found out how much the hummers love them!
These shots aren't any good, but I was walking between the bushes and the fence and saw them attacking the flowers. I didn't have time to run in and get my big girl camera, so I tried to take some pics with my phone. These were the best of the lot.
straw flower
kalachoe
Sweet autumn clematis AKA Emmy's vine
pin cushion
The zinnias' last chance to shine. I used them as centerpieces at the Whiz Kids Volunteer Training dinner.
I'm trying to squeeze out every minute with the flowers. There will be a frost soon, and I don't want to lose any of them.
I'll plant more Cosmos next year.
This is not my favorite garden job. I sneeze, choke up, and pay the price of having allergies for a bit. But Kory and Jeremy can use it to dress their duck blind.
I have been pleasantly surprised at how well the dahlias have done. Next year, more flowers in a wider variety of colors.
I love a good crop of zinnias!
Dinner plate size
Finally, a few blooms on my 'Emmy vine'.
My side of the fence with the cardinal vine.
Bill and Jan's side of the fence.
Stray flowers
Purple heart
Emmy saves me all of her fancy bottles.
I should have babied these more. Already thinking of growing cardinal vine here next year. But I still like the upside-down tomato cage for a trellis.
One of Cassie's favorite flowers, gomphrena.
Sam's sunflower
Mia's sunflower
They call this one stock.
cardinal vine
The clematis that wouldn't give up.
The tomato man gave me some canna bulbs. I never was a fan until I found out how much the hummers love them!
These shots aren't any good, but I was walking between the bushes and the fence and saw them attacking the flowers. I didn't have time to run in and get my big girl camera, so I tried to take some pics with my phone. These were the best of the lot.
straw flower
kalachoe
Sweet autumn clematis AKA Emmy's vine
pin cushion
The zinnias' last chance to shine. I used them as centerpieces at the Whiz Kids Volunteer Training dinner.
No comments
Post a Comment
I'm glad you decided to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it.
And who knows, I will probably visit your blog in return.