Early Bloomers

. Sunday, March 6, 2011 .
Mark spotted the first Snowdrop to bloom this year.  I have seen the greem shoots but was waiting patiently onthe flowers.  This year they came up without any snow.

I call these ground iris.  They are so close to the ground.  I could almost call these little orchids.  I think it is actually one of the flowers that Ms Yvonne and I dug up when we didn't know it was illegal to dig up flowers on the side of the road.  Oops!
Mark spotted the first Snowdrop to bloom this year.  I have seen the greem shoots but was waiting patiently onthe flowers.  This year they came up without any snow.

I call these ground iris.  They are so close to the ground.  I could almost call these little orchids.  I think it is actually one of the flowers that Ms Yvonne and I dug up when we didn't know it was illegal to dig up flowers on the side of the road.  Oops!

2 comments

  1. Very nice! The iris looks spectacular against the grey/brown background.
    It's my first visit to you blog. I read a few post and really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to see some blooms popping up? Yours are ahead of mine. It must be warmer in southwestern Ohio. The iris is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you decided to leave a comment. I look forward to reading it.


And who knows, I will probably visit your blog in return.

newer older Home